An African proverb says “If you want to travel fast, travel alone, if you want to travel far, travel in company,” in the company of like minded people that share the vision, dream like you and feel what you feel. This was what happened in November 2017, the vision of Fresh Inspiration mission trip was shared, people came onboard and the journey started, on the solid foundation of the prayer group from the onset.
We knew from the onset, that this mission trip would strengthen and enliven the faith of those we served as well as those of us who served through personal sacrifice and hands-on service, reflecting the love of Christ that restores pride, hope and joy to all. This is so true. The journey involved 18 people of various professional backgrounds, who were self sponsored and who raised funds from donors for resources that were to be donated to people in Uganda and Kenya. 10 days of excitement and adventure where we:
- Served in 10 different organisations across Kenya and Uganda
- Worked on 11 community projects for both women and children organisations
- Delivered messages of encouragement and hope at 11 meetings including to over 600 men and women in Jinja main prison and more than 50 street children in Jinja
- Actively participated in 3 schools in Kibera, the largest urban slum in Africa and planted some trees.
- Had a session with Kenya Red Cross
Engaged some of the poorest and remote fishing communities on the shores of Lake Victoria.
All the organisations we served received cash donations along with the resources for their daily needs, skills and craft tools and materials, books , clothing, and much more. All the resource and cash donations were greatly appreciated and they will be put to good use, transforming lives and communities. All these were possible because people gave from the generosity of their hearts and conviction that every life matters. Through these donations, we raised almost five thousands pounds (£5,000). We say a big thank you to all our donors .
For the full story please click here FI Uganda-Kenya 2018