Fresh Inspiration is a Christian charity with a mission to transform lives through faith; restoring pride, joy and hope to generations.
Eighteen volunteers went on the mission trip to Uganda and Kenya for 10 days and practically impacted the lives of some of the poorest people in these countries by working alongside them, providing them with much needed resources and sharing the word of faith with them.
Uganda is ranked in the lowest Human Development Index and the majority of our work on this trip will be with local organisations who are focused on eradicating poverty by providing means of financial independence for the poorest and most vulnerable communities.
In Kenya a significant amount of our time was spent in Kibera which is home to approximately 2.5 million slum dwellers. It is the biggest slum in Africa and one of the biggest in the world.
On the mission our work included:
- Helping women in improving their business skills with their local trade by running book-keeping sessions, keeping financial records and marketing (relative to their environment)
- Developing other skills as well as empowering them to start more women groups.
- Working with children living on the streets and some who are going through drug rehabilitation and family reconciliation.
- Working with children with disabilities
- Ministering at a local prison
- Teaching the Word to children at the orphanage
- Running a library set up training
We also spent time sharing variety of practical life skills with local supporting organisations.
The fund raised was used in sourcing items for hygiene, wellbeing, support and craft training for the people. Most of these resources were sourced locally and it contributed to the communities small economy and entrepreneurship. The items provided included:
- Sewing kits for sewing/embroidery/design project
- Hair accessories making resource
- Craft/Jewellery making resources
- Handicrafts knitting, crotchet pins, wool
- Soap, Toothpaste, Toothbrushes
- Children’s clothes
- Books, Bibles, Colouring books, Crayons, puzzle books
- Medical equipment like blood pressure monitors
We will like to say Thank you to all our donors and sponsors, with your support, we went further. Read More